Guernsey
(JF) I've just had 9 days locuming on Guernsey in the Channel Islands. I imagined the island as a green, mild place, all by itself in the ocean, with some quaint local accent to adjust to. Turns out there's people everywhere, they're as English as can be, and they love their cars as much as everyone else (think 'Car Queue de la Rue'). The narrow walled roads mean damaged wing-mirrors, and quick glimpses only of that namesake cow. The beaches are stunning, with Norman, Medieval, Napoleonic and Nazi fortifications framing the massive sunsets. And I've had the best seafood (scallop, crab) since I left Aotearoa..

2 Comments:
Hi J
:) thanks for the post cards :) I got them a day after eachother :) was great to hear from you! Feels like I havn't talked to you guys in ages!! We are well, been a bit cold but its nice to have the fire going! :) Dad arrived a couple of days ago and has now gone to Gissy for about a week before coming back for graduation :) yay was so neat to see him! Missing all my Whanau!
Love ya lots xoxo Abbles
Hi guys,
I just wanted to drop a line as it is forever since we last spoke. Jackson is now a big boy one year old and trying to walk. He had his first sleep over with Peter and Rosie last night. Niki had her first sleep over with Tam. She was beside herself with anticipation all week leading up to the sleepover. We went to the comedy convoy because we could and then slept in to 730...woo hoo.
I hope you are having great adventures. We did not know you were going to Norway. Have fun and hopefully we will touch base soon, Love Jn Clulow clan
Post a Comment
<< Home