Saturday, March 15, 2008

Glencoe 2.0

A westerly forecast looked to spoil my trip to Glencoe, the heart of Scottish winter mountaineering. But the hardy (read; masochistic) souls of the Warwick Climbing Club have a solid philosophy; 'If the wind's less than 100mph - go climbing'. This meant a successful week for most in the end, the highlight for me being an ascent of Tower Ridge, a classic Grade IV route to the summit of Ben Nevis.

spindrift city

spot the belayer and climber

a better day

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys :) how are you? gosh i haven't talked to you in ages! how is everything? it sounds like it is really really cold!! gosh I don't know if I would like that! I love the sun to much!!! It is still nice and warm here in Palmy.. Its great! Oh happy easter by the way! we have 4 days off which I'm very pleased about!! I get so tired woring full time! bring back the student life!!!! but I must say it is nice to be working :)
So any ideas what you are going to do next? it sounds like you guys, Maria and Pip are all thinking of what to do next! Dad is coming over for graduation which is in May.. I'm very excited!!!!
WEll love you guys lots xoxoxoxoxo
Take care! xoxoxoxo Abbs

March 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home