Thursday, June 07, 2007

Coventry and Weddings

JF - I've just spent a week in Coventry working at an emergency clinic (VetsNow!) to generate some pounds. Took my new second-hand road bike there by train, and it was great for getting round the city. Coventry is famous for Lady Godiva, and for being bombed to smithereens by the Germans in 1940. It's the kind of place where shopkeepers say, 'Have you locked that cycle?'.

Katie then drove the new van (pics to come) down from Wales, and we continued to Surrey for our friends Chris and Katy's wedding. This was interesting for several reasons - primarily because they asked me to be their wedding celebrant! The official wedding was in Auckland 3 weeks ago, and this was a confirmation ceremony for UK friends and Katy's family. I was assured it would be low-key, and I'm glad I didn't know the real story beforehand. Imagine a huge 400yr old house, perfectly manicured gardens, a Maori greeting, feathers in hats, the groom in tails leading the bride on horseback etc. etc - I was petrified. It was a great day though, well done to Chris and Katy.

A funny end to the wedding event - I returned my hire suit by mail, and was called to say I had returned the wrong jacket. Turns out I accidentally swapped jackets in the morning, and took the ceremony in a blue jacket and black trousers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home